New VX-6 Thoughts???

Curious what you fellas thought of the new VX-6 3-18x44 and 50mm? Anyone get to look at one yet?

Saw them at the SCI show last week. Nice scope. It's a Leupold. No parallax adjustment which, I believe, makes it unsuitable for long range work unless your gun handling and sight picture skills are exceptional. I preferred the new Zeiss 5-25, but it also lacks parallax adjustment...

Mike

Mark 6:
Mark 6 3-18x44mm (34mm) · Leupold

VX-6:
VX-6 Riflescopes · Leupold

Two different scopes fellas, the Mark 6 is the new tactical entry which does have a parallax adjustment knob.

The VX-6 is a hunting scope & does not have a parallax knob & can not be purchased in 18x magnification.

t
Outlaw. U are wrong about the VX-6. The 3-18x44 and 50 mm models DO have a side focus knob. The 2-12 does not. Spoke with tech support a couple weeks ago and just now to confirm that there is indeed a parallax adjustment.

Roy

rtsj,

You're right, I had to search pretty hard but I did find the 3-18 VX-6. They do have a side focus (all that and more for only $1200). My original post was based on the information posted on Leupolds website where the 2-12 was the highest magnification listed.

my mistake,

t

rtsj,

You're right, I had to search pretty hard but I did find the 3-18 VX-6. They do have a side focus (all that and more for only $1200). My original post was based on the information posted on Leupolds website where the 2-12 was the highest magnification listed.

my mistake,

t
Outlaw... no problem fella. It looks like a pretty sweet scope. I plan on running the CDS dials on both windage as well as elevation. The windage is set up in 10 mph increments with i believe 8 moa both ways.

Roy

Saw them at the SCI show last week. Nice scope. It's a Leupold. No parallax adjustment which, I believe, makes it unsuitable for long range work unless your gun handling and sight picture skills are exceptional. I preferred the new Zeiss 5-25, but it also lacks parallax adjustment...

Mike

Pretty sure the zeiss 5-25 has parallex adjustment. Were you perhaps looking for Adjustable Objective?
Didn't want you to count it out thinking there was no parallex.

Gary

Gidday fellas.

My brother has the VX6 in 2-12 and it is very nice to look through. The only opportunity I have had to compare it with anything is side by side with a Vortex Mountain Recon 20X spotter and I could clearly make out more fine detail with the VX6 on 12 than than the Recon on 20.

Wonder if they will make an illuminated varmint hunters FFP reticle for this scope along with CDS dials? A 3-18 would be perfect for hunting coyotes almost anywhere.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.