*NEW* Vortex Viper HS Rifle Scopes

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by SWFA, Jan 6, 2011.

1. SWFA

SWFA Member

Vortex Optics Viper HS riflescopes the new choice for hunters and shooters

Vortex takes its incredibly popular Viper Riflescopes to the next level
    with the introduction of the Viper HS (Hunting/Shooting) series

An evolutionary upgrade, Vortex Viper HS riflescopes offer hunters and shooters an array of new-for-2011
    features sure to be well received. Built on ultrastrong 30mm one-piece machined aluminum tubes, these scopes
    deliver increased windage and elevation travel for optimal adjustment. A new optical system highlighted with a
    4x zoom range provides magnification versatility. The ultrafriendly eye box with increased eye relief gets
    shooters on target quickly and easily – because shooting opportunities can be measured in fractions of seconds.

Standout models within the series offer enhanced performance features for specialized applications. The 1-4x24
    with TMCQ (Tactical Milling Close Quarter) illuminated reticle is ideally suited for AR platform rifles, as well
    as dangerous game setups. Ten intensity levels of illumination with an off position between each give shooters
    quick access to preferred settings. Whether you’re first-in during entry, or trying to break down a brown bear in
    the willows, the Viper HS 1-4x24 will help get the job done. The 4-16x50 LR (Long Range) and 4-16x44 LR
    models feature exposed target-style elevation turrets with Vortex’s CRS (Customizable Rotational Stop) zero
    stop. Combine that with 75 MOA of elevation travel (24 MOA per revolution) and you get riflescopes perfect
    for dialing precision long-range shots.

XD (extra-low dispersion) glass guarantee sharp, crisp images from edge to edge. Lenses fully multicoated with
    Vortex’s proprietary XR coatings ensure superior light transmission, allowing hunters to take advantage of
    every minute of legal shooting time. Exterior lenses feature ArmorTek, an ultrahard optical coating engineered
    to protect against scratches, oil and dirt. O-ring sealed and purged with argon gas for 100 percent
    waterproof/fogproof performance. Shockproof construction withstands recoil and impact from every angle. Fast
    focus eyepiece and quick reset turrets

Vortex 1-4x24 Viper HS
    $479.95
    •Matte Finish
    •Illuminated TMCQ Reticle
    •30mm Tube
    [​IMG]

Vortex 2.5-10x44 Viper HS
    $359.95
    •Matte Finish
    •Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
    •30mm Tube

Vortex 2.5-10x44 Viper HS
    $349.95
    •Matte Finish
    •V-Plex Reticle
    •30mm Tube
    [​IMG]

Vortex 4-16x44 Viper HS
    $499.95
    •Matte Finish
    •Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
    •30mm Tube
    •Long Range (Exposed Turrets)
    [​IMG]

Vortex 4-16x44 Viper HS
    $459.95
    •Matte Finish
    •Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
    •30mm Tube
    Vortex 4-16x44 Viper HS
    $449.95
    •Matte Finish
    •V-Plex Reticle
    •30mm Tube
    [​IMG]

Vortex 4-16x50 Viper HS
    $539.95
    •Matte Finish
    •Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
    •30mm Tube
    •Long Range (Exposed Turrets)
    [​IMG]

Vortex 4-16x50 Viper HS
    $499.95
    •Matte Finish
    •Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
    •30mm Tube

Vortex 4-16x50 Viper HS
    $489.95
    •Matte Finish
    •V-Plex Reticle
    •30mm Tube
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

Awesome, when can we expect them to start shipping?

3. eyeballjr

eyeballjr Well-Known Member

I can not find anyone around my neck of the woods that carry them (vortex Scopes). I would like to have one, but i really hate to buy something that i have never held in my hand or looked through

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  4. SWFA

SWFA Member

They won't be available until the summer.

5. ouhunter2506

ouhunter2506 Member

Awesome can't wait to check them out!!

6. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

Good luck on that. I have been whating for a year for there PST 6x24x50 ffp moa. I paid up front still no scope.

7. overbore

overbore Well-Known Member

What are the click values and what scope is optimum for a 7.62 with Gen 2 night?

Laus Deo
    overbore

8. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

Summer of 2012?

9. lovdasnow

lovdasnow Well-Known Member

1/2 moa elevation. 1/4 windage.

2.5-10 model would be best for night vision. with gen 2 you will not be able to use over 10 power for sure. probably will use it around 2.5-4 power the most.

10. SidTheKidd

SidTheKidd Well-Known Member

Do you think that 1/2 min would be too course for shots at 1000yrds? Never used a scope with 1/2 min elevation before, just seems like 5 in. with one click at a 1000yrds would be a little much.

Thoughts?