New vortex razor hunting scopes

Mine arrives in March! Exactly what I have been looking for to replace my Zeiss Conquest 4.5-15x44 scope for a long time! I really like the reticle, parallax, and covered field elevation and windage adjustable knobs. Oh, and the WEIGHT! Ordered the 3-15x42 with the HSR-4 reticle. This will be perfect for my sheep/backcountry rifle.

I'm really interested in this line. I recently went with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40 CDS, weight being a large factor, on a lightweight .300 RUM for a mountain carry rifle. I Would consider replacing it with this. Or better yet, if the model proves to be a hit, and a 4-20, or 5-25 version gets added.

weight vs need i'd guess. 1 rev=15 MOA which is 780 yards on my carry gun. 2 rev=30 MOA which is 1200 yards on my carry gun. with a 20 MOA rail, you should be able to take advantage of at least 30 MOA. my guess is they weighed the weight vs who will actually shoot that far in a lightweight carry rifle and kept a 1" to keep the weight down.

If you use your reticle and your turret there is plenty of adjustment for most shots. This is what Darrell Holland teaches and is very fast in the field. For example if your come up is 9.5 moa, for this reticle you hold 8 and dial 1.5.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.