New Vortex HD tactical scope or a Leupold Mark 4 LRT?

I agree. When I purchased the vx3 I was debating between a mark4 and couldn't find any significant differences between the 2 scopes. The mark 4 has a "beefer" tube and the m1 knobs. The glass is the same. I like the target turrets over the m1 because they are covered. Not worth spending the extra money for the same glass IMHO.

My honest opinion is that the VX-3's are fantastic for the money, but the Nightforce are phenomenal for the money it's a lot of money when you think about it but hey if you are willing to spend near that amount on a Vortex or Leupold then get the NF they are proven and they have the lifetime warranty. Plus one thing that has me concerned with the Vortex is that I haven't been around any, but if the warranty is as good as the one on my Viper HD binos then they might be well worth it at this point I can't say though with no real experience or use of them. The VX-3 CDs is awesome too one of my buddies just got one and he can throw it in his pack without the bulky turrets catching on anything.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.