New Twins 6.5x47 Lapua

TMR

Official LRH Sponsor
I finally got them both finished up....just in time. We leave for the ITRC on Wednesday. I have had my rifle finished up for about 2 weeks, and have been fitting JLR's in between other builds. They both shoot the same velocity...within 5-7fps of each other, and we are able to use the same dope....which is nice considering these are our Tactical Comp rifles. They are proving to be very accurate..

Here are the specs:

Phoenix Machine Receivers w/1 pc bolt...consecutive serial numbers
Manners T2 stock
Rock M24 contour 1-8 twist, 26" fluted
Jewell Trigger
DE Brake
DE Cheekpiece
Badger M5 DBM
Seekins 20 moa rail/lug combo
NF 5.5-22x50 NP-R1 w/ultralight rings
R Bros Camo on the stock
Dark Earth gun-kote on metal w/ black flutes & Bolt

As you can see, the two rifles are pretty much identical. Seems to be a trend with JLR and I....good to be brothers.

twins005.jpg

sweet rifles! what do you think of the 6.5 X lapua? i wish my brother would build me a rifle

wj

Another pair of bada$$ rifles from you guys...very nice.

Couldn't you have at least differentiated them a bit with the camo pattern??

Thanks guys,

We really like the 6.5x47 Lapua....it basically gives us 260 velocity with less powder. It does run higher pressure, but brass life is pretty good.

I was going to change the camo pattern just a little, but decided not to. As a good friend said "this way you both have a spare". Heck, we even have the same color Dodge 2500 pickups.

Travis

You and your brother get along better than me and my 2 brothers. We tend to fight , but we have been in business together for 28 years and see way to much of each other. :)
How much more difficult would it be to do that color scheme in digital ?
Beautiful rifles Travis.

Jim,

We have our moments...but generally we get along. I have some pictures of a stock with those colors in digital. When I get back I will email you some pictures of it.

Travis

Really nice rifles!!!
I bet you guys enjoy your shooting time together a lot. That must be a very nice experience.
Keep up the good shooting.

Alan,

Its called R Bros camo. I have the stencils cut to our specs blending a few different camo patterns together. It takes quite a bit of time to paint the stocks, but it turns out really well.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.