New triger on Rem 700

luger306

I have a rem 700 cdl 30-06 left hand.what is the difference between the new trigger and the old one and how do I adjust it.

The old style triggers and the new X-Mark pro triggers adjust the same other than the new ones have about a ton of locktite on the adjust screws. I've had decent and bad X-Mark pro triggers. Most of them I can't safely set below 4-5 lbs. You'd be better off in the long run to replace the trigger with a aftermarket one. If you want to try to adjust the one you have you'll need to heat up the adjustment screws to melt the locktite. The adjustment screw in the rear is the sear engagement, the bottom front adjustment screw is the weight of pull and the upper adjustment screw is the over travel. Be sure the trigger will not slam fire by working the bolt repeatedly and closing it rather hard. If the sear drops you need to adjust the sear engagement a little so this does not happen. Best bet may be to take it to someone who knows how to adjust these trigger and let them do it, cost is rather minimal, around $20

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.