New to this forum

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by swaneedb, Jun 22, 2009.

1. swaneedb

swaneedb New Member

Just joined this forum, looking forward to ask ?'s and hopefully I can contribute a little something. I've had a gun in my hand and a rifle to my shoulders for many years, maybe more than I want to admit too, at least 50 +. Started reloading in 1970. Have just recently gotten into casting, never thoight I would get into that but here we are. Am a life member of the NRA, belong to a local gun club here in Fort Dodge , Iowa. Love to tinker with my Star reloaders, hope to have one up and running to load 223, been a hair puller so far, and I'm bald. OK, nuff, glad to be aboard. Dave

2. AJ Peacock

AJ Peacock Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, ask lots of questions; but learn to use the search, as it's a lot faster.

What do you cast for?

AJ

3. swaneedb

swaneedb New Member

Well, so far I've just been buying lead and melting it down and pouring ingots, Haven't cast a bullet yet but I've got moulds-about 40 so far and looking for more, I'm sure my casting will be for handgun only however I did just buy a swaging die to form jackets from 22 casings so maybe a few rifle bullets, all new to me so have alot to learn, I think I like punnishment and it has a ay of finding me, any way thanks for asking, Dave