New to this, and looking for excellent scope....

"[FONT=&quot]The LT model is not covered under warranty. We could bring it in and have a look at it for you, but we cannot guaranty that we will be able to fix it as parts are limited for this model. The cost to bring it in and inspect it is $250, and if we are able to fix it there would be additional cost for parts and labour."

Their response above is very clear corporate speak for "we don't want to deal with your problem" without actually saying "we don't want to deal with your problem"

Making clear their is no warranty, setting a minimum "look at it" fee of $250, saying they might not have parts, stating there will be unknown additional fees to actually fix it, which they clearly state they may not be able to do anyway.

If it were me, there is no way I'd send them the scope & money. If I'm going to depend on it working flawlessly in the field, it's not going to be repaired by someone who has no interest in doing so (are they even capable?)

Send a letter to the highest person in the company you can get a name for, and let them know that while you don't necessarily expect them to honor the previous warranty you don't expect them to blow you off, no matter how politely they do it.

Then go look for a new scope. It SUCKS that was your experience and I feel for you. $1800 should definitely be well into the territory of "buy once cry once"

Good luck

Brandon

I feel for you man...Leupold has never let me down...
I have been burned by this myself and it sux...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.