New to this, and looking for excellent scope....

Hi Outlaw. On the March. Love the magnification range and weight. Clarity is very good. Have shot it very little. Right now it is on a 7 SAUM I'm going to sell. Chuck is building me a new SAUM in a carry weight rifle. I'll give it a bit more of a workout then.
If you want to play with it just let me know. My wife and I own Marshall Jewelry. Just let me know when you want to look. I'll bring it to work. Your welcome to take it for a few days to play with it if you want. On or off the rifle it doesn't matter. Just let me know. Bruce

Bruce,

Small world! I've been in your store many times purchasing silver from Chris... I will drop you a line sometime soon, I need an optic for my 7 SAUM believe it or not.:D

I appreciate your kindness.

t

Originally Posted by gillettehunter
Hi Outlaw. On the March. Love the magnification range and weight. Clarity is very good. Have shot it very little. Right now it is on a 7 SAUM I'm going to sell. Chuck is building me a new SAUM in a carry weight rifle. I'll give it a bit more of a workout then.
If you want to play with it just let me know. My wife and I own Marshall Jewelry. Just let me know when you want to look. I'll bring it to work. Your welcome to take it for a few days to play with it if you want. On or off the rifle it doesn't matter. Just let me know. Bruce
Bruce,

Small world! I've been in your store many times purchasing silver from Chris... I will drop you a line sometime soon, I need an optic for my 7 SAUM believe it or not.:D

I appreciate your kindness.

t

Outlaw6.0 and gillettehunter

If you guys get a chance to really check out the March scope I would like to hear your take on it. I have researched it some but have never found a place where I could get one in my hands. The warranty has always been an issue with me but seems I read somewhere it was a government thing with the exports there in Japan.

I like everything I have ever read on the scope and would like to know a little more. Thanks in advance.

My apologies the OP for getting a little off track here.

Outlaw6.0 and gillettehunter

If you guys get a chance to really check out the March scope I would like to hear your take on it. I have researched it some but have never found a place where I could get one in my hands. The warranty has always been an issue with me but seems I read somewhere it was a government thing with the exports there in Japan.

I like everything I have ever read on the scope and would like to know a little more. Thanks in advance.

My apologies the OP for getting a little off track here.

If I can work it out with gillettehunter, I would be happy to write a short review for the LRH group.

t

Sounds like a good idea to me. Outlaw and I can likely turn up several different scopes to compare. Just let me know when you have time. Bruce

Well I finally made a decision and bought the Premier Recticles LT!

I have been speaking intermittently with Mike at CS Tactical over the last few weeks. He has been very helpful and patient with me. With the input from folks here, Sniper Central, and Mike I decided on the Premier Reticles LT. Mike also set me up with rings for it, a Vortex Viper HD spotting scope, and tripod for the spotting scope for around $2800. I feel like that was more than fair. Given Mike's efforts on my behalf, I cannot recommend CS Tactical enough! :cool:

Well I finally made a decision and bought the Premier Recticles LT!

I have been speaking intermittently with Mike at CS Tactical over the last few weeks. He has been very helpful and patient with me. With the input from folks here, Sniper Central, and Mike I decided on the Premier Reticles LT. Mike also set me up with rings for it, a Vortex Viper HD spotting scope, and tripod for the spotting scope for around $2800. I feel like that was more than fair. Given Mike's efforts on my behalf, I cannot recommend CS Tactical enough! :cool:

Mike is a super helpful guy, glad to hear you got things taken care of. I have a feeling you will love your new Premier.

I've been looking at the March scopes quite a bit now (thanks a lot). I'm going to try for some hands on time this coming week.

t

Congrats on the new purchase. Sounds like it will fill all of your needs. Outlaw let me know when your ready to play. Gonna get COLD mid week for a bit. May want to be earlier rather than later in the week. Bruce

Congrats on the new purchase. Sounds like it will fill all of your needs. Outlaw let me know when your ready to play. Gonna get COLD mid week for a bit. May want to be earlier rather than later in the week. Bruce

I heard we're expecting a nasty spell. I'm tied up Monday but I have time Tuesday. I will try to call Monday afternoon/evening.

t

Perhaps I should have started a new thread, but it seemed to fit well in this older one.

I have had the Premier for several weeks. Got it on 12/20. I'd like to tell everyone that I have been out frequently to use it. However between chilly temps and very heavy winds, I have mostly been relegated to staying inside. I have managed to get out on 3 different occasions to shoot it.

I'd like to do a thorough review, but given my lack of experience with high quality scopes I'm afraid my baseline is just too low.

Coming from a 30 year old fixed power (x4) Redfield is not the proper comparison, but it is the comparison I have. I really, really like this scope and now that I have real turret adjustment, I'll likely never look back at a typical "hunter" type scope.

Anyway, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and thank you for the advice and some of the invites to come to Gillette to test a few scopes. I appreciate the offers and help.

Glad you like the Premier. I just picked up my new 7 SAUM last week and put the March on it. Call when you get a chance Outlaw and we'll get together. I'm liking my new rifle. 8lbs 14 oz w/ the scope. Just about right to pack. Bruce

Glad you like the Premier. I just picked up my new 7 SAUM last week and put the March on it. Call when you get a chance Outlaw and we'll get together. I'm liking my new rifle. 8lbs 14 oz w/ the scope. Just about right to pack. Bruce

Absolutely Bruce. On a side note, I'm working on something you might be interested in. I will shoot you a call or PM soon.

t

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but since I started the original I figured it'd be okay and it would give a perhaps final conclusion to the scope buying decision I made... which appears to have been a bad one.

I have owned a Premier Heritage LT for just under 2 years, but only had it out in the field this hunting season. (Bought it too late for hunting in 2013, and 2014 I had hip surgery that goofed the season for me.) This weekend the my rifle and I took a spill -- I didn't think it was too bad, but the scope appears not to have held up. It isn't tracking 100% all the time. It tracks well with the elevation adjustment, but isn't reliable to come back to zero -- it will re-zero after 2 or 3 shots.

I partially started with the Premiere on my list because of the lifetime warranty. Shortly after I purchased the scope they went out of business (or were bought out -- I can't quite tell), making their warranty claim worthless. Just how worthless I found out today when I received this email from Armament (the company the bought what remained):

"[FONT=&quot]The LT model is not covered under warranty. We could bring it in and have a look at it for you, but we cannot guaranty that we will be able to fix it as parts are limited for this model. The cost to bring it in and inspect it is $250, and if we are able to fix it there would be additional cost for parts and labour."

I am not sure it is even worth risking the $250 (plus shipping) to see IF it can be fixed. Seems crazy to say throwing $250 after $1800 isn't worth it, but....

Might need to ask for scope recommendations again. [/FONT]

Attachments

• Side view.jpg
    Side view.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 48
  • Eye cap open.jpg
    Eye cap open.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 70
This $250 is absolutely ridiculous. My son-in-law bent a Tasco World Class trajectory model. The company charged $35 to go though it. They replaced the lenses with newer much sharper detail glass. For the additional parts they charged $50.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but since I started the original I figured it'd be okay and it would give a perhaps final conclusion to the scope buying decision I made... which appears to have been a bad one.

I have owned a Premier Heritage LT for just under 2 years, but only had it out in the field this hunting season. (Bought it too late for hunting in 2013, and 2014 I had hip surgery that goofed the season for me.) This weekend the my rifle and I took a spill -- I didn't think it was too bad, but the scope appears not to have held up. It isn't tracking 100% all the time. It tracks well with the elevation adjustment, but isn't reliable to come back to zero -- it will re-zero after 2 or 3 shots.

I partially started with the Premiere on my list because of the lifetime warranty. Shortly after I purchased the scope they went out of business (or were bought out -- I can't quite tell), making their warranty claim worthless. Just how worthless I found out today when I received this email from Armament (the company the bought what remained):

"[FONT=&quot]The LT model is not covered under warranty. We could bring it in and have a look at it for you, but we cannot guaranty that we will be able to fix it as parts are limited for this model. The cost to bring it in and inspect it is $250, and if we are able to fix it there would be additional cost for parts and labour."

I am not sure it is even worth risking the $250 (plus shipping) to see IF it can be fixed. Seems crazy to say throwing $250 after $1800 isn't worth it, but....

Might need to ask for scope recommendations again. [/FONT]

Cant ever go wrong with Nightforce or Vortex.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.