New to the LRH from Southwest Virginia

AncientHistory

Hello,
My friend recommended this forum to me and I am really glad he did. I have enjoyed what I've read so far. I grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia shooting and grouse hunting. Now, I teach World History at our local high school and I am also one of the pastors of Resurrection Community Church. I have three kids. My oldest son is nine and he has already experienced some success hunting deer and turkey.

As a kid, I was always more into shotguns and my prize possession was my Browning Auto 5 Light Twelve. My dad and popaw had Brownings just like it. Since it is nearly impossible to find grouse around here anymore, my hunting interests have shifted to deer, turkey and rabbits and I have more interest in rifles than shotguns. Our family consumes all the venison I can put in the freezer each season.

Through ministry, I have been blessed to have the opportunity to travel to Central America, East Asia, and East Africa and become friends with incredible people. Someday I'd love to have a chance to hunt in East Africa.

Thanks for all the great information you guys are sharing here. Hopefully, I can make a contribution.

Grace and peace,

Chad

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.