New to the Board, with lots of ?'s

Skinny Shooter

New to the Board, with lots of ?\'s

Hello all, stumbled across this board awhile back and have been reading the good info being shared here.

I'm an avid groundhog hunter (and coyote too if I'd ever see one
grin.gif
).
Currently shoot a 222, 22-250 and 308.
The 308 is a VLS with trigger lightened to 2lbs. Nothing else has been modified at this time.
Currently she wears a 4.5-14x50LR w/MilDots from SWFA. Am ordering a 6.5-20x50LR soon for the 22-250 VS.
Also own a Bushie 1000 laser, it did range 1226yds off the Lebanon VA from Shyda's right after I got it but that's about it.

Am looking for some load info so I can practice on getting distance on skinnys (chucks) for the coming season. I've read on here that folks prefer the 175gr Mking for the 308.
How would that bullet work over Varget out of a 26" barrel? It's my favorite powder. Plus I'm still using up some of my Y2K stash.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Have also been considering switching out the Leupold base and rings with Badger. They have a 20MOA base that looks interesting. How does that sound?
And any other help ya'll are willing to share with a newbie would be appreciated. I do have an open mind.

Thanks,
Allen

[ 09-18-2002: Message edited by: Skinny Shooter ]

[ 09-20-2002: Message edited by: Skinny Shooter ]

Re: New to the Board, with lots of ?\'s

Hi Allen,glad to see you could make it.I don't shoot a 308.But I know Wyowhisper does......You might wanna look at The Leupold long range base and Burris ring's with the insert's.I use that setup on my STW now and it work's really well.Again,Welcome.And enjoy your stay...

Re: New to the Board, with lots of ?\'s

Hello Allen and welcome aboard.

Glad you made the trip.

You won't find any ethics related conversation here as it's not allowed.

Match Kings are also the order of the day for hunting in ANY State as most of our people have found out here.

The 308 Win and the 175 gr bullet works well with 41 grs of 4895.

Later
DC

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.