New to site: My build is finished!!!

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by ddyrcz06, Dec 15, 2012.

1. ddyrcz06

ddyrcz06 Member

Specs: Savage action, McGowen 30 inch 1 in 8 twist 280 rem. barrel, XLR stock, SSS trigger set at 18 oz., Vortex Razor HD EBR2-B reticle, 20 Moa base, Harrell precision MB, and I am sure I am forgetting something. Oh she is shooting .3's and .4's pretty consistent with the 162 AMAX's.:D I have used this forum to answer many questions while building, but now that Excalibur is all finished I decided to join. Let me know what you all think.

Attached Files:

2. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

Very nice set up man, keep us updated on how she shoots on out there.

Nathan

3. graybullet

graybullet Active Member

Very nice, how heavy is it.

4. ddyrcz06

ddyrcz06 Member

Thank you. It is not a light gun at all!!! Empty it tips the scale at 17.5 pounds. I built it knowing I was never going to carry it more then 5 yards from my four wheeler.

5. CB11WYO

CB11WYO Well-Known Member

Bad lookin rig!!

Might I ask where you got the stock/chassis and what they were askin for it?

6. ddyrcz06

ddyrcz06 Member

I got the stock from XLR industries. It is the tactical evolution stock with a few upgrades. Ambidextrous cheek piece, monopod rail, pic rail and upgraded shelf grip. It ran around $850 I think and the nonupgraded stock was $790. It is undoubtedly the highest quality piece of machinery I have put on a gun! Fit and finish were bar none customer service was second to none, and I could not be happier...minus the 12 week wait.

7. ray toy

ray toy Active Member

Nice looking rig!!!
    Can i ask what speed and powder are you using to run the 162 A-maxs??
    All the best ,
    Ray.

8. ddyrcz06

ddyrcz06 Member

I am using H1000 powder in federal once fired brass with CCI large rifle primers. I am seated .010 off the lands so they are long. All my load testing was carefully worked up and I do not recommend starting with out careful load development. Now that is out of the way (lol)! I found that I have two spots that were most accurate in my rifle and they are both over hodgdon max! I am getting 2990 fps with 60.5gr and it will shoot .3-.4 and 62.5gr will hit 3095 fps and do the same. No pressure signs were observed and I have settled with my slower accuracy node for less noise and longer barrel life. Again these were CAREFULLY worked up to! Proceed at your own risk but this is fast accurate and works with a long barrel. Hope this helps!

9. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

That is a very sweet looking rig!!!

10. wstanton

wstanton Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a sweet looking rig, I have a thing for the tactical accuracy look. Well built, you certainly have an eye for quality.

11. vegas steve

vegas steve Well-Known Member

nice lookin rig. get a good sling and take that sucker huntin.i carry my 17lb. rig all afternoon

12. etisll40

etisll40 Well-Known Member

Nice rig, very impressive.

13. ray toy

ray toy Active Member

Thanks mate!!!
    All the best ,
    Ray.

14. EGCKillshot

EGCKillshot Member

OOh that is an awesome rifle! Hows that scope treating you?