new to reloading (Sorta) 7mm mag suggestions

wildhorse1

I am getting some equiptment together to load for my new Savage 7mm mag. I am looking to load Barnes 140 gr ttsx and would like any suggestions or advice. I have the Barnes handbook so will likely start there but would love some feedback.

All I can suggest is be meticulous about safe reloads and load in a quiet spot without interference or kids about. So no mistakes are made.
Don't overlook Hogdon powders as they are mainly made in Australia by ADI and are fairly heat tolerant from a chamber pressure point of view.
If you get hard to chamber cases after a few shots you may need a special collet sizing die made by Larry Willis. Some do , some don't.
Watch for pressure signs and stay with safe pressures that allows the ammo to function well and give some reasonable case life .

All the advise is good, but I would add that you should follow the loading advise that comes with a box of Barnes TTSX bullets. That advise is to load the rounds 50 to 70 thousands off the lands. This will give you the best accuracy and is different with each rifle so work with the seating depth until you achieve the accuracy you are looking for. Most of my rifles will shoot three shots with in 3/4 of an inch at 100 yards(some even better) after just a little adjustments with the seating depth.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.