New to long range

BOBCAT SNIPER

I am having a rem 700 action blue printed with bartline 30 inch 1.25 strait full length baral in 338 rum vis muzel brake at rays in dallas tx. I have a range at my house out to 1300 yards with still targets. This will be my first custom what scope should i put on this gun they suggest schmidt and bender and leupold mark 4 is the price diff werth it

Welcome to LRH Bobcat Sniper!

There are only about a thousand threads on this topice. Here's one that has just run it's course. Use the search thing and you can read on this for weeks.

I envy you having a 1300 yd range you can step outside to, That would be real sweet.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/what-best-scope-market-period-53167/

Good shooting and keep us posted on your progress.

-Mark

I'm building a similar rig. 700 action 30" barrel of some kind. Scopes the sky is the limit or I guess your wallet. I am trying out my first Bushnell 3200 10x40 and so far really like it. Plus only 160-180 on ebay. Let me know how some loads go for ya.

If it is for hunting and targets I would go with the NF NSX 5.5-22 or one of the March scopes in 2.5 - 25 or 5-50x.

If it is strictly for targets just bump the power on the above offerings.

Just my .02.

I think it will be for target only but u no how that goes . Gun will not be very light, would not want to carry long sorry i could not find my thread lol

If paper's mostly what your going to shoot I would suggest the NF BR 8-32x @ $1211 or NF BR 12-42x @ $1359 versus for example NF NXS 5.5-22x @ $1632 to $1810 depending on feartures or NF NSX 12-42x @ $1885. Heads up, mirage can be an issue with 32x and 42x.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.