New to Forum

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by .25MOA, Jan 16, 2010.

1. .25MOA

.25MOA Well-Known Member

G'day there, found your forum while searching the net for Muzzle Brakes....i'm from Sydney East Coast, south of Sydney, i do a lot of Hunting, mainly Feral pigs at a mates property and the odd trip into the outback to another mates property again for "Razorbacks", lately i have been wanting to get into Long Range Shooting and have ordered a REMINGTON SENDERO in .300 WM ..... I should have the rifle in a couple of weeks so i'm just trying to get hold of all the gear i need to have a nice set-up for the job.....hopefully some of you guys can learn me a little on LONG RANGE HUNTING !!!

"IF IT'S FERAL, ITS IN PERIL !!! "

2. 300R

300R Well-Known Member

Mate you have come to the right place,some great people on this site with some really good tips and info,i had a sendero in 300 rum was a really good shooter,just spend some time breaking it in properly and it will be a great rifle,only mods i did to mine were,timeny trigger,m/brake and had it bedded properly it didn't change the groups a heap but it did make it more consistent.Get yourself a good 20moa rail,solid rings and your on your way,not many smiths in Sydney, try TheGunsmiths in Sefton they have put a brake on one of my rifles and did a really good job,slow turnaround though..

3. .25MOA

.25MOA Well-Known Member

What is the "Best" way to break a new rifle in ?? In your opinion ?

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

5. 300R

300R Well-Known Member

I follow the break in procedure on the Lilja website,i use Butch's bore shine and sweets,works awsome.

6. .25MOA

.25MOA Well-Known Member

Sweets ? Is that the 7.62 stuff ?

7. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRH and enjoy, cheers!

Ed