New To Forum - Thanks for Accepting Me

FiatFreak

Hello from Southeastern Pennsylvania, USA.

I'm new the this forum, but not new to shooting. I grew up in northeastern Pennsylvania, and have been shooting and hunting since I was in my teens. As I slide into retirement (whatever that means), I intend to enjoy more shooting and hunting than I've had the opportunity to do over the past several years, and I'm especially intrigued by long-range shooting. I own enough firearms to satisfy my needs, although one can't ever really have too many guns, eh? More will surely come my way.

Anyway....

I look forward to visiting this site for education and information. I'll be posting some questions in specific forums as I equip my newly-acquired "dream rifle:" Sako 85 Varmint Stainless in .243 Winchester. A scope and custom mounts are forthcoming. Handloading will follow.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge!

Welcome from Tennessee. I can tell you made a good decision to join this forum. There are a significant number of very knowledgeable members here. There always seems to be one or two things that I believe I need. The problem is this never ends. Sako's are fine rifles. Your going to love it.
Thanks for your message. Sako: simply fabulous. I have owned a Sako L61 "Finnbear" for several decades. My new one seems even more spectacular. To be honest, I can't think of any other brand of production rifle that is quite like a Sako. Craftsmanship at its finest.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll have fun with that Sako 85 in .243. What twist rate is in that barrel?
1:10" That's kind of the "sweet spot" twist for a variety of .243 loads. I chose .243 for its versatility: varmints/deer/etc. There are a lot of loading options and choices of components for .243.