new to board have a few q's

russ257

new to board have a few q\'s

I am new to this board I am looking at buying a savage Model 12FV in the new .204 ruger. What do you guys think about that new shell. Also what are your impressions on accutrigger and this gun in general. It seems like a good place to start since it is rather reasonably priced

Re: new to board have a few q\'s

the gun is s good place to start but I would choose a differant caliber , I'm not a fan of sub 22 calibers , personaly I think you'ld be hard pressed to beat the 22-250 in factory loads , their are a bunch out their and tons of data for them.

Personaly i like the Savage actions , swaping barrels is fast and easy and their are a few makers out their that make a good prefit barrel.

Re: new to board have a few q\'s

I enjoy my accutrigger. I bought an extra barrell from sharpshootersupply.com. A Savage is like a 350 Chevy motor to me, there's parts and pieces readily available that you can install yourself. It's just a matter of looking in the right places. I agree that you will be more satisfied starting out with a 22-250.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.