New TIS/GA Precision TIS Rifle #14

Jeff In TX

Here's my new GA Precision TIS (Tactical Intervention Specialty) Rifle #14

This is a new project from Mike Miller and George at GA Precision. This rifle is nothing like it looks.

Remington 700 Left-handed SA Action, Trued and lapped
Mike Rock 22" Stainless 11:25 twist barrel with heavy flutes
Badger Aluminum Floor metal
Badger Aluminum Scope Base
Badger Aluminum 30mm rings
Badger Bolt handle
Badger Recoil Lug
McMillan Graphite A5 stock with four flush cup mounts (Two bottom two on left side) Fixed comb and LOP with recoil pad… This is one light stock. I believe with recoil pad it weighs 20 ounces
Tactical Intervention sling
SS Super Sniper SS10X42M with the side focus scope

Just got back from the range, the rifle shoots .25 to .5" with just about any ammo I fed it. This is the best shooting rifle I've ever owned. As for the SS Scope, this is the first one I've owned and for the money, it's a great scope.

Before going to the range I stopped off at a local mail center and had them weigh the rifle. Without the bi-pod the complete rifle weighed a dead even 11 pounds including sling. With the bi-pod it weighed just less than 12 pounds. Recoil was about the same the best I could tell before I had George rebuild the rifle. This rifle will be a joy to carry on hunts now. It beats the hell out of the 18.5 pound M40A3 rifle I provided George for the rebuild.

This is the best shooting rifle I've ever owned! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PA280018.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.