New stock opinions for Rem 700 BDL

cbaker

I am looking for a nice synthetic or laminated hunting stock for a 7mm mag BDL. What are your opinions on a good stock that I don't have to spend an arm and a leg on? Thanks.

If you are a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, I'd definately look into the Boyds VIP stocks. They offer several different types of stocks for the M700. I have fitted three of their stocks-2 for me:Ross thumbhole and a JRS and I'm finishing the third for a buddy-a Warner Varminter. I really like laminated wood for the looks, durability and it's just fun to work with. You can order there stocks finished too if you don't want to finish it yourself, but it will still need to be bedded to your rifle. I think the JRS V.I.P. (virtual inlet part) for a Model 700 is only 65 bucks. It comes with a rubber recoil pad and for 20 bucks more they will prefit the sling studs and throw in a Super Sling. Over all, I think they are tough to beat for the money. I'm sure there are probably nicer stocks available, but not for the money
cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.