New Shooter!!

Nice looking rifle. How much much does it weigh? How much did it set you you back if you don't mind me asking thanks.

It weighs right at 9lb 3 oz. Just about a perfect weight to shoot great and still light enough to pack several miles if needed. This rifle would set a guy back about $3700-$3800 with scope and ballistic profiling with a load worked up and a BDC dial cut. If you are interested in something like this give Trevor at Cloud Peak Gunworks a call or shoot him an email for a quote.

I see it's the trued Rem action, what's your reason for not going with the Pierce action? Just curious. That gun is a bad looking mamba jamba.

I just happenened to have a Remmy. Funny you should ask though, Trevor is building me another 6.5x47L on a Pierce action!!! The good part is all Trevor's rifles shoot as good as they look!

I just happenened to have a Remmy. Funny you should ask though, Trevor is building me another 6.5x47L on a Pierce action!!! The good part is all Trevor's rifles shoot as good as they look!

How does Trevor have time to build any guns for anyone else? Just think how well they would shoot if the bolt was on the right side!!

Just a quick update on this rifle. I was finally able to get settled in on an load (with the exception of which primer to shoot) and was able to shoot it over the Chronograph today. I settled in on 43 grains of H4350 with a 130 JLK. I have shot both Fed 205M's and CCI 450's and both shoot fantastic. I thought I would be able to settle which one to shoot with the Chronograph but it was no help!!! With the Fed 205's Velocities averaged right at 3000, (Yes you read that right!! 3000 FPS with a 130 JLK out of 6.5x47L). ES was 15 with an SD of 6!! That's perfect....but the 450's averaged 2999 with a ES of 14 and an SD of 6!! **** the luck!! Both shot a little bigger than 5/8" at 200 yards and I was extremely happy with that seeing as the wind was blowing 15-20 MPH. I guess I will load three groups of each and shoot them at 600 and see which one performs better and go from there. There is a Big Black Fuzzy Wuzzy and a Big Mulie in Southern Wyoming that will fall victim to the 130 JLK this year!!! Now I just need to shoot data and cut myself a knob.

33% Light Grey 33% Dark Grey 33% Black. Thanks I am really impressed with it. I am a .264 Junky and this is a fun little gun that is a viable LR Hunter.

Just a quick update on this rifle. I was finally able to get settled in on an load (with the exception of which primer to shoot) and was able to shoot it over the Chronograph today. I settled in on 43 grains of H4350 with a 130 JLK. I have shot both Fed 205M's and CCI 450's and both shoot fantastic. I thought I would be able to settle which one to shoot with the Chronograph but it was no help!!! With the Fed 205's Velocities averaged right at 3000, (Yes you read that right!! 3000 FPS with a 130 JLK out of 6.5x47L). ES was 15 with an SD of 6!! That's perfect....but the 450's averaged 2999 with a ES of 14 and an SD of 6!! **** the luck!! Both shot a little bigger than 5/8" at 200 yards and I was extremely happy with that seeing as the wind was blowing 15-20 MPH. I guess I will load three groups of each and shoot them at 600 and see which one performs better and go from there. There is a Big Black Fuzzy Wuzzy and a Big Mulie in Southern Wyoming that will fall victim to the 130 JLK this year!!! Now I just need to shoot data and cut myself a knob.

Very impressive!!! Now you've got me thinking again, $$$$

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts