New Shooter on board

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WVRifleman, Aug 21, 2011.

1. WVRifleman

WVRifleman Active Member

Just wanted to say howdy to y'all. Been readin this board for a while and thought I would jump in water and get my feet wet. I from the Mountain State of West Virginia and love to shoot Rifles. Although the price of ammo has slowed me down abit I still do it when I can.

I love takin long range shots and have made some decent ones for me. 450-600 yards I know don't seem like alot to some of you on here but in these hollars and mountains I'm lucky to get those shots.....lol.....And I always wanted to learn to shoot even further?

I have a Several Rifles but my Favorite is my Winchester Mod 70 .300 WIN MAG. It will reach out there.

Well lookin forward to yackin with y'all and appreciate the responses ahead of time there.....

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to LongRangeHunting.

3. MT4XFore

MT4XFore Well-Known Member

What part of the Mountain State do you hail from brother? Go mounties!!!

4. WVRifleman

WVRifleman Active Member

From Salem WV, North Central Part of the state. About 140 miles South West of Pittsburgh PA as the crow flies....:)

5. MT4XFore

MT4XFore Well-Known Member

I'm from Gassaway, plumb dab in the center!

6. WVRifleman

WVRifleman Active Member

Why sure, that's just a stones throw away South of me near Sutton WV ON RT 4......I haul Chemicals to the Coal Mines down in that area.