New Sendero 300 Win Mag!!!

Wisner74

Well I figure I post a little review of the new Rifle I just bought. I just purchased a Remington Sendero 300 Win Mag and put a Leupold Mark 4 4.5 x 15 Mil dot scope on it. Bought some factory 150 grain loads and went out to the range at Pyramid Lake. Sighted it in 1" high at 100 yards and shot about a 3/4" group. I was impressed with the rifle. I think it can shoot better, but just need to get used to it. I adjusted the trigger down to 2.5 lbs and moved out to 200 yds. Had to move up the elevation 1/2 mil and shot an 1 1/2" group around the center. By now I could understand the need for a muzzle break.....my arm was feeling it and also the movement of the gun was impossible to keep the scope on target.
From there I moved onto the Metal Plates at 300, 400, 500, and 600 yds. 300yd plate, I added 3/4 mil and hit it first shot. 400 yd plate, added 1 mil and hit it first shot. Now there were a few guys watchin! 500yd plate, added 1 mil and cracked it first shot!! 600yd plate added 1 more Mil and hit it first shot!!!!! Not only was i impressed, but the guys around me were just as impressed!!! Then to the 55 gallon drum at 954 yds...added 3 mil to the scope and shot a little low, added 1/2 mil more and smacked it hard. WOW is all I can say. Is impossible to stay on the target, the gun just kicks too much. Need some feed back on muzzle breaks. But just wanted to say that I love the gun...it looks great, shoots great and really is a head turner!!!!

Sounds like you have a shooter! There a number of good muzzle breaks out there, Kirby's Painkiller, the muscle break (can't remember who makes it), Holland quick discharge.
The only side effect of muzzle breaks is the noise! Wear good hearing protection.
You might want to try some of the heavier, higher BC bullets such as the 210 berger and 208 amax. They will make the hits at longer range easier, especially when the wind gets up.

Sorry if I am telling you things you already know, don't know your level of experience.

Stu.

I am pretty new to this consistent long range shooting stuff. I have been hunting my whole life, well last 25 years. I can use all the help I can get!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.