• Bushnell 4200 6-24 x 50, 30 mm tube

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Nikon Monarch 6-24 x 50, 1 inch tube

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim Oliver

Hey guys,

I "need" a new scope for one of my rifles.

Choices are:

Bushnell 4200 6-24 x 50 (30 mm tube)
Nikon Monarch 6-24 x 50 (1 inch tube)---the X30 is a little steep for me right now.

What say you??

Thanks,
Jim

I would go with the Nikon. IMO, the Nikon seems to be much clearer than the Busnell glass.

W.

Thanks for the reply Wildcat.

Thanks to those that voted.

Would any of you care to comment as to why you voted as you did?
Enquiring minds want to know........

Thanks,
Jim

I had a 20x nikon monarch and the clicks (if thats what they call them) were very crapy to say the least!

I've compared glass quality between my 4200 6-24x50 (30mm tactical), and my Dad's Monarch, and the Bushnell was at least as good. My dad and I both felt the Bushnell may have had the edge. Don't wory about Bushnell's glass quality on the 4200.

The bushnell has 12 MOA per turret revolution and I believe the Nikon has 8, The Bushnell is 1/4 moa clicks, the Nikon is 1/8 moa. Mine has 44 MOA total elevation (Bushnell rates them at 45 MOA total), I'm not sure how many the Nikon has. It's really all about personal preference. I think you'd probably be happy with either.

and bushnell have a good reputation for reliability i think bushnell is a bether option save that a little bit more money and buy the bushnell

Jim,
You can't lose with either scope, they're both have nice glass, are repeatable and have good warranties. The deciding factor may be what you plan to put it on and what you plan to do with it. The Bushnell comes with a mil-dot reticle - not other option. You will have more reticle choices with the Nikon, so if it's going on a target rifle it may be the deciding factor. However, The 1/8 clicks on the Nikon and the one inch tube can also be a limiting factor if it's going on a hunting rifle.

You're going to get responses with nice things to say about both scopes, so it's going to boil down to features that will best suit your needs

TAC

I just bought the Bushnell 4200 6X24X40 with a one inch tube. I liked it better than the Nikon. I also liked the price better. I bought it for $402 out the door. Tom.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts