New Scope Burris or Bushnell?

pyroducksx3

I'm getting a new scope to put on 6.5-06 AI I'm having built. I want a nightforce 3.5-15 with reticle in first plane but cant find the money for that right now (2,200). The Choices are between a bushell elite 4200 4-16 or a burris XTR 3-12. The burris is a 30mm tube 50mm Obj. and has more adjustment. I dont have any experience with burris though. I've read the review about the bushnell 3200 on this site so I assume the same applies to their 4200. Are the burris reliable, repeatable, so on. Also I work for an outdoor store and proform on burris is unbelievable. So price isn't really a factor as I'm sure the burris is twice the price of the bushnell. Also I will be using the rifle for the open western hunting of mule deer in Eastern WA, black bear hunting in Western Wa, and hunting coyotes. Thanks for the advice

Add the burris black diamond 4-16 to the list. So Choices are bushnell elite 4200 4-16, burris black diamond 4-16, or burris XTR 3-12. Thanks again.

I have two Burris scopes and am very pleased with both. One is a 6 x 24x 44ao that is on my 22-250 and the other is a 3x9x40 on my 300wsm, both function very well and I would not hesitate to buy another Burris..

A buddy of mine has a Burris XTR, nice glass and very repeatable with 90moa of adjustment. I wish they made one in FFP.

Burris is a very reliable scope and very tough.

On the hardest recoiling rifles I prefer to use a Burris.

I have never had a problem with the Burris or the Bushnell but have trashed most
scopes from recoil (I have a 444 contender Pistol that produces almost 60 ft/lbs of
recoil and had to go to a 4 ring scope base to keep from shearing them off and after
destroyed three different brands of scopes I switched to the Burris.(End of story).

Also I have one on an unbraked 416 and it is still perfect.

Get the 50mm with the 30mm tub and side focus.

J E CUSTOM

So looks like the burris. Now should I go with the black diamond in 4-16 but only has 74 inches of asjustment elevation or the XTR tactical in 3-12 with 90 inches of adjustment? Both have the side parallax adjustment. I am thinking about the more magnification with the 4-16 any reason to use the XTR? Both have mil dor reticles and I think I can have the target turrets put on the Black Diamond. Anyone know if they will put a reticle in the first plane?

Just found out about leupolds mark 4 in 4.5-16 with mil dot, MOA clicks instead of leupolds IPHY and most important FFP!!! Cant geat as good a deal on this as the burris but everything I want. Anybody have any experience with the mark 4 FFP (front or first focal plane) or the normal one compared to the burris XTRs. Thanks

Just found out about leupolds mark 4 in 4.5-16 with mil dot, MOA clicks instead of leupolds IPHY and most important FFP!!! Cant geat as good a deal on this as the burris but everything I want. Anybody have any experience with the mark 4 FFP (front or first focal plane) or the normal one compared to the burris XTRs. Thanks

Get it! Get it NOW before you talk yourself out of it.:rolleyes:

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.