New Savage FCP K

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by spencer1, Jan 9, 2012.

1. spencer1

spencer1 Member

I just recently began my interest in long range shooting. Here our some pics of my setup, Savage FCP-K 308 win with a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP. Tell me what you think.

Attached Files:

2. loosesniper2000

loosesniper2000 Well-Known Member

That's a good gun to get your feet wet. It looks really good, how does it shoot?

3. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

I think its a beautiful thing.

4. spencer1

spencer1 Member

Its such a great gun, i did all the brake in and it shoots amazing. l haven't really put my hand loads through it yet. very impressed with the stock riffle.

5. spencer1

spencer1 Member

So I have been able to do allot of shooting with my savage. The gun shoots amazing groups I will post pics of the groups I have shot with it. So far I have been able to reach it out to 650 yrds to hit steel plates(I haven't tried anything farther). Again I'm so happy with this riffle and how well it shoots the and its consistency( so much better then my Remington 700 308 TACTICAL VTR with muzzle break):D

6. Boom

Boom Well-Known Member

46gr Varget
    175gr Sierra MK BTHP
    Fed 210
    Lapua Brass
    2.80 OAL

Nothing exoctic but this has been a great load in my FCPK. I used 45 gr with the 168 Hdy. BTHP. Groups are one nice ragged hole!:) Good luck, great setup you have!

7. spencer1

spencer1 Member

I will defiantly try the load thanks so much.

8. spencer1

spencer1 Member

I'm looking for a new stock for my savage FCP-K, is they any suggestion for a new stock from personal experience. thanks in advanced

9. SavageShtr

SavageShtr Well-Known Member

I like stockade stocks!! I have two of there prairie dog tactical stocks!!

10. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Stockade is a good stock, but if aren't a patient fellow, then you may want to try H-S stocks, or Bell & Carlson. If you want to spend a little more money, then there are options from Manners, and McMillian. If you like the aluminum chassis, then look into McCree or XLR Industries.