New Savage 110 LA mag length?

sobrbiker

I've got a Savage 110 High Country in 280AI coming in and am curious if anyone knows the max oal that'll fit in the detachable magazine.
Hoping I can use the Hornady 162's I've got on hand with the Nosler load data as baseline to pressure test for same weight by keeping "*** in the brass" the same (3.60 oal w/162 SST's vs 3.330 for 160AB's).
Thx!

Thanks. I'm an adult onset hunter that did PRS stuff before there was a PRS, and have been a longtime lurker here. Everything is subject to me measuring my leade anyway. I've got a series of pressure test/velocity/ballpark zero loads with 162 BTSP's ready to go to give me a good starting point (standard 3.315 puts me mid-cannelure and boattail right at neck-shoulder with them) prior to real load development.
The 280AI is to fill my "any game I may hunt lower 48 w/out giving my shoulder surgeon more business" niche.
There's an interesting variation of load data out there, I'm kind of leaning towards Nosler's because Hodgdon/IMR and Hornady seem to be topping out pretty short of the SAAMI 65k psi max.

Thanks. I'm an adult onset hunter that did PRS stuff before there was a PRS, and have been a longtime lurker here. Everything is subject to me measuring my leade anyway. I've got a series of pressure test/velocity/ballpark zero loads with 162 BTSP's ready to go to give me a good starting point (standard 3.315 puts me mid-cannelure and boattail right at neck-shoulder with them) prior to real load development.
The 280AI is to fill my "any game I may hunt lower 48 w/out giving my shoulder surgeon more business" niche.
There's an interesting variation of load data out there, I'm kind of leaning towards Nosler's because Hodgdon/IMR and Hornady seem to be topping out pretty short of the SAAMI 65k psi max.
I think it's a good choice. I'm working on getting into the 280 AI as well. My goals are similar to yours.

Nice choice of cartridge, just be a little careful with Norma loads. I am not sure how they measure pressure but their loads tend to be on the hot side. I have had more than one rifle that would not take their max loads or anywhere close. Best of luck with the new rifle.

Nice choice of cartridge, just be a little careful with Norma loads. I am not sure how they measure pressure but their loads tend to be on the hot side. I have had more than one rifle that would not take their max loads or anywhere close. Best of luck with the new rifle.
Thanks!
my pressure check loads are from mid-Hornady up to Nosler max, and I'll be paying close attention along the way.