new rifle

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by fasthorse, May 16, 2012.

1. fasthorse

fasthorse Active Member

I did some swapping and trading and ended up with a ruger m77 mk2 in .280. it has a 22 inch barrel and of course had a terrible trigger..ordered a Rifle basics trigger from midway installed that last night. went to the range today and used remington core-lock 140 grain..it ended up shooting 3/4 in sevrel diffrent groups... im not into using factory ammo but need some brass to reload with plus also to break the barrel in as this gun was unfired when i got it.. not bad pick-up for $200 cash plus a custom belt

2. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Remington core-lock is probably the worst factory ammo on the market other than the Russian/Yugoslav stuff. If it shoots that well with it, you've got a real nice stick there at a bargain.

3. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

The rich get richer!.........:D

Congrats on a good buy on a good rifle.

4. fasthorse

fasthorse Active Member

lmao@ rich.....im just a poor guy tryin to get by....i was gonna build a semi custom on a mauser action but had a guy offer wayyyyy to much $$$$ for it. i like the barter system when i can get by with it...as far as the ruger is concerned this is the first 1 i ever had that shot any good and ive owned 4... im sure not gonna complain much seeing as how i was gonna build a .280 on the mauser action..this worked out ok

5. Fla shooter

Fla shooter Well-Known Member

I've had2 rugers had triggers work on both one was 270 one 7mm n before I started hand loading I shot corelokts with good results