New rifle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mark Maggos, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Mark Maggos

Mark Maggos Member

After much research I've decided on a Rem.700P in .7mm Mag. Any comments on my choice would be greatly appreciated. Have not purchase yet.

2. stxhunter

stxhunter Well-Known Member

i got one in 300 ultra and really like it

3. Mark Maggos

Mark Maggos Member

I'm curious why you bought the "P" over the Sendero. I'v looked most of these forums over and nobody seems to be shooting them. Why is that?

4. stxhunter

from what ive read there is really no diffence between the two i bought the 700p becauce i wanted a matt black rifle and i got it off a guy that shot a box of shells through it and dicided it was to much for him so i got it for 500 bucks couldnt pass it up by the way thats with a leupold varex111 6.5-20 50mm longe range on it

5. Mark Maggos

Mark Maggos Member

Sweet. Have they charged you with burglary yet?

6. stxhunter

i had my buddy who's the swat instuctor for the local police department run it to be on the safe side just one of them deals you come across like in the old days when they made real cars and you'd hear about the guy picking up a hemi charger for next to nothing becauce the guy who bought it could'nt keep it tuned

7. Mark Maggos

Mark Maggos Member

I've also decided on the P because of the matte finish. No big deal on the stainless, just not my style. Have you heard any accuracy comparisons between the two?

8. stxhunter

i haven't read any i have no problem keeping it under one inch with factory ammo core lokts i'm fixing to start and develope a load for it which hopefully will get much better results probally 200 gr accubond with retumbo or h1000 maybe rl25 which ever gets the best results

9. Mark Maggos

Mark Maggos Member

Unless somebody shows me the error of my ways, I'll probaby by the 700P.Good luck, good shooting and good night.

10. stxhunter

the one thing i didnt like was the trigger pull so i put a jewell in it

11. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I had a pss in a 300win. I dont know what, I might have shot the barrel out when shooting squirles because I have a hard time stopping to let the barrel cool when there up and out. But It shot very well. It dropped of at 6-700 rounds.
    oh well, Its becoming a bigger case capacity ground squirle killer. 338-378 improved should make an interesting short range cartridge.

12. Mortgage Man

Mortgage Man Well-Known Member

Can Anyone buy the Remington Police model or do you have to be in law enforcement? Just curious because I like the rifle especially if its built just like the Sendero.

13. stxhunter

they sell them to the public