New rifle scope due in Feb

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Cybra, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Cybra

Cybra Well-Known Member

Damn, Randy, don't go say'n stuff like that--I just bought a Nightforce in 5.5 x 22 x 56. [​IMG] Do you know anything about specs, such as weight, or reticle details?

Dave

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

3. Randy in Va

Randy in Va Well-Known Member

Zeiss will offer a 6 x 24 x 56 German made based on a unit being produced now for Military use that has a 70 mm objective.
    Price unknown but I can't wait to see it.

4. johnuf78

johnuf78 Member

Hey, I'll buy the Nightforce off you if you have the NP-R2 reticle. [​IMG] I'm selling my Swarovski 6-24x50mm with the TDS reticle and target turrets to get another Nightforce for my AR-10T. Optically, I think the Swarovski has a slight edge, but I like the way the Nightforce looks on my AR-10 better and I like the Nightforces reticle better.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

[ 07-12-2003: Message edited by: S1 ]

6. Cybra

Cybra Well-Known Member

<puts his hand up like Reagan used to do> Thank you, thank you, but I think I might just want to hang on to that nightforce. [​IMG] I like the fact that it's a little tougher than the average scope, escpcially since there's been more times than one that I've taken a tumble down a hill while out playing Elmer Fud. To be honest, I'm currently stuck down in the sunshine state, and am getting robbed of opportunities to use it!! <tugs on his hair> I wish tehy'd up the limit on gang members--I seriously need more practice! [​IMG]

7. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

Is a 70mm obj more than the 30mm tube can use as the 50mm is to the 1" tubes? Assuming it does have a 30mm tube I guess? Do they supply rings with it? [​IMG]

8. paal

paal Active Member

Hi Randy !

Where did you hear about this scope ??
    Zeiss 6-24X56 ?
    Because i want one, just have too [​IMG]

9. Nicholas

Randy make sure you tell them it would be nice to have a lot of elevation adjustment. I sucks to have a 30X scope that only has enough adjustment to go to 800-1000 yards, and then have a 10x scope that can go out to 2000 yards.??

10. Randy in Va

I got the information from the horses mouth! I live 30 minutes from Zeiss North America and visit them often. I may be in a position to influence a higher magnification variable for LOOONG Distance guys.

I also shoot the Nightforces now and need a good reason to leave them.

I have been talking to Zeiss about the building market of 1000 yd shooters and the few of us crazy guys that START there.

11. Randy in Va

You bet on the elevation need. I also am asking for target type adjustments, 40 mm or better tube, side focus, and choices of reticules on variable high powered scopes.

Hey, I can dream can't I. If they do all that, I might get up the guts to ask for an affordable one!

12. Nicholas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> If they do all that, I might get up the guts to ask for an affordable one! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

13. texas

texas Well-Known Member

Affordable [​IMG] , if its between the nightforce and a U.S.O. then it is.

14. paal

paal Active Member

Let them make "dot" reticle on that scope.
    Same on the new 6,5-20X50, let them make a "dot" on that too.
    Please !!

I WANT ONE!!!