new rifle and scope

Alex,

I never know quite what to say in this situation other than I'm sorry for your loss and go forth and continue to make your Dad proud.. His job was to make a responsible man of you, his job is done.. Yours is to carry on and pass his legacy on..

Respectfully

Rod (nodak7mm)

I just got an e-mail from A.K.A Paul COburn and I don't think I have eber hated any one else more in my intire life. Read what it says.

"Over the months I have read your brags about all the guns (at about
$5000 each) that you have, and are building,
I even got sucked into a debate with you (and your tons of ignorance),
not knowing that you are a child.

You make claims, and when people question you about the claims, you
disappear for a few days and don't respond.

You have been a disease to this website.

On 9/13 you ask questions about whether you should get a 26 or 28 inch barrel
on a 7.62 Warbird, and which $2000+ scope you should get for this
upcoming purchase?
With all your experience, you should have the answer right off???

Everything in your little 17 year old life is fine, except where you're
gonna get
the $5000 for this next fantasy!

On 9/14, I call you out on your lie about owning a 30-378, and ask you
what guns
you own NOW... you don't answer.

Then on the 14th, a bunch of other guys start calling you out on your
long list of BS.

On 9/15, just 48 hours after your first post, without prior notice, your father:

1 - Has a "massive heart attack".
2 - Develops diabetes
3 - Has a stroke.
4 - Has brain surgery, and part of his brain is removed.
5 - Develops a hole in his heart.
6 - His Kidneys shut down

I have been a consultant in medicine for 31 years, and have to ask...
Where did he find the time
to get all those problems in two days??? This is medical history!!!

Ah... Man, this is the stuff that afternoon hospital soaps are made of.
All we need is for you to have a torrid affair with the head nurse!!

Your a little ***** that makes liar Bill Clinton look like a Cub Scout,
and you're a real
congenital liar, with no conscious, and no memory of what lies you have told.

I'm amazed at how little conscious you have... you are a pathetic little ****!"

Paul

Nighthawk,

I won't comment on Pauls e-mail.

If your father has passed, you have my deepest sympathy. My advice would be to get off the computer and spend some time with your Mother and family.

Emotions ( anyones ) are tricky things...

Take Care....

There is a post in Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics - Glass bed Accumark?

Nighthawk doesn't have the same problem with HIS 30-378 that Hoyteman has!

Of course he doesn't he doesn't have one!

Double Talk your way out of this one slick willy!

Nighthawk is a stand-up philosopher!

By the way....I don't believe the BS medical story either!

HoytemanPA
Member # 281
posted 08-22-2002 07:54 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do I glass bed it or fit it to the aluminum bedding block?
I have been working with this rifle and I am finding some sweet spots but.... the first shot is a flyer 3-4" away, at 200, usually low, before it will group. I could live with the third shot being a flyer but the first? Nope that won't work.
The action screws were torqued, barrel is free floated etc. but it seems that something is still tightening up after the first shot.
It seems to be temperature related and not clean vs dirty issue. I wait five to 10 minutes between shots and they will group well but if I wait an hour or better, another flier happens before it settles out again.

The stock has a molded in aluminum bedding block, I relieved some high spots on this and have fairly even contact now. I bedded the front and sides of the recoil lug as it could move laterally with slightly loosening the front screw. I am waiting for the bedding to set as we speak. Will this be enough or should I go ahead and grind down the top of the aluminum bed and glass it and the rear of the recoil lug? I left it as I thought it was probably stronger than the bedding compound but I am not certain that the rear of the recoil lug is making uniform contact.
If I do this will it adhere to the aluminum well? Or will it crush with 30-378 recoil?
Any experience out there with these?
Thanks HPA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 18 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2001 | IP: Logged

Nighthawk
Member # 469
posted 08-22-2002 11:40 PM
I have the same rifle you have and I havn't had that problem.
--------------------

"You only get as far as you aim."

Posts: 168 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2002 | IP: Logged

no commet on Paul Coburmll

But I agree that it is more than difficult to sort the true of the false in your posts.

I don't understand why you never answered to my posts

I don't undersand why you continue to reask the same questions , do you read the answers from the other members ?

but if I find sad your father health problems I find more sad to mix spare time as shooting with family problems .

I shot since 25 years now , I works in weapons industry (my own compan ) , I am 39 years old and I always try to help young shooters or beginers

BUT

I have never accept lies and I will never accept lies

Good Shooting

DANTEC

I seem to face criticism when ever I ask a question. I never said that buying an expensive rifle was going to make me a better shooter and I realize that I need to practice before I can shoot as far as I say. A few think I lie about things well I don't and if I don't respond to a post is because I have other things going on. If I want to buy a rifle that is my business, not anyone else's. That story is not made up it has been happening for the last two weeks and he died two days ago. Yes I do have an Accumark .30-378 which I bought in January 2001. I didn't respond to DANTEC's posts beacause I didn't have an answer because I still needed to do more testing on it. If you don't believe me that is fine. I have said before and I will say it agaig, I wasn't even planning in these rifles for a year at least.

John M. "Double Talk your way out of this one slick willy!

Nighthawk is a stand-up philosopher!

By the way....I don't believe the BS medical story either!"

Thanks a whole friken lot, you and Catshooter. You think You know me when you don't. I won't be on this site anymore because I only get people like you. FOr everyone else that has helped me with questions so far, Thank You.
mad.gif

Alex sorry for your loss, and how some people are treating you. I appologize for intruding into your personal life, but I felt a need to do this so people would show some respect.

If this link doesn't go "active", please cut and paste before you say anything else to Alex http://www.legacy.com/StarTribune/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=496089

Best regards,

Steve Altstadt

even though we have thought "Nighthawk" to be somewhat overzealous, he is eager. He will need to be guided by our knowledge of shooting but maybe by some fatherly types as well. I can't imagine losing my Dad, and I am twice Alex's age, again, sorry.

dear nighthawk

condolences for your father .

and great thanks for your comment on the members of this forum , I think I have spend time in many post to try to explain you what you need to shoot or start to shoot and you have never try to understand and never stop to dream , no real problem for me , I wish you lot of sucess in your project and don't forget to send your amazing groupssss with your two $ each bullet.

I am a mecanical engineer and the dummy of the corner of your street .

good shooting

DANTEC

Dear Nighthawk, I'm very sorry to hear about your father. Unfortuneatly in life we meet (or come into contact) with people that believe that anytime someone asks a lot of questions that they are crying wolf.
They forget what it was like when they were young asking lots of questions themselves.

Steve A thanks for being the gentleman that you are by setting the RECORD STRAIGHT with facts.

Hopefully this bad experience on one soul WILL NOT be casted on others.
We are hear to learn and share our experiences good or bad.

My family is praying for you and your family.

GOD Bless us, One and All.... Tiny Tim

Nighthawk, I am sorry for your loss and I am sorry for calling you a liar with regards to your dad. However, I do believe you were not 100% truthful about the guns you own. Therefore when you posted the info about your father I thought it was untrue. I also do believe that you exagerated all of his ailments which made the story less believable.

I am man enough to accept the fact that I made a major boo-boo by posting the message that I did. But remember, I am not a ogre and I am not a scumbag. You must take responsibility for giving yourself a lack of credibility in the first place.

Again, I am deeply sorry, and I hope you an I can wipe the slate clean.

God Bless!

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.