New rifle and problem

OK let's start over ... IIWY, don't do anything that will void any warranty, call Remington and find out your options and give them the opportunity to make it right or get your refund (if possible).

Good luck!

Ed

Well better news remington is going to send me a new rifle,but they have to build a new one since they have nothing in stock. I wonder how long that will take.

well more bad news remington cannot make me a 7 stw so I can either get my money back or they would go good for a m700 lr in 300 rum.

well more bad news remington cannot make me a 7 stw so I can either get my money back or they would go good for a m700 lr in 300 rum.
Why not get them to send you a 700 Long Range in 7mm RemMag, then have your gunsmith open up the chamber to 7mm STW...That way you get a better gun for free, and you get a professional chamber with no issues, in your caliber of choice.

That's what I'd do.

Im a step ahead of ya there thats already happening . I called my gunsmith and he told me the same thing , but what do I have to do for the magazine. the stw is longer than the 7 mag

Im a step ahead of ya there thats already happening . I called my gunsmith and he told me the same thing , but what do I have to do for the magazine. the stw is longer than the 7 mag
LA 700 magazine is a LA 700 magazine. Regardless of whether it is a .30-06 or a .300 RUM.

However, while it's at the smith, to take full advantage of the 7STW overall length, having the smith open up the bottom of the reciever and installing a Wyatt's 4.000" extended box magazine.

ya I suppose while he has it in there might as well, what would I ever load in it to require a 4" box???

Can someone tell me what type of mag this thing has , detachable box or Hinged fp w/ internal mag

ya I suppose while he has it in there might as well, what would I ever load in it to require a 4" box???
Berger 180 Hybrids, 180 VLD's, or 168 VLD's seated up next to the lands...

I can't remember my OAL on my 180 Hybrid load, but it's well over 3.8xx" I'll measure it when I get home.

Free? What did I missed?
Look back one page...This was his post.

So, this was my suggestion...

Why not get them to send you a 700 Long Range in 7mm RemMag, then have your gunsmith open up the chamber to 7mm STW...That way you get a better gun for free, and you get a professional chamber with no issues, in your caliber of choice.

That's what I'd do.

And this is what he's going to do...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.