New Rifle 338

Cruizin

Please help. About a year ago I started a project and its still not finished. My gunsmith is draging his feet and I've had enough. I'm ready to go pick up my stuff and bring it to someone else. Anybody know a good gun smith in Utah that would be willing to put this gun together for me in a reasonable time frame.

I have an A5 stock that is set up for being a single shot cause my smith has a reamer for an improved 338/300 RUM set up. If I have someone else do this I would rather just do a repeater and build a 338 edge. This means the stock would need to be milled out.

Rock Creek Barrel 1 in 9.5" twist I believe for the 300grn'ers.

Rem 700 action that is already trued and blueprinted.

I just need it all assembled, stock bedded, chambered, brake installed, (I have this already) Redding dies ordered and reamed and night force mounted. I already have the scope as well as rings and bases. I would like everything teflon coated as well.

Shawn I have to teach a class up in Rupert ID next week. If this is something you would be interested in I could probably drive this stuff up to you.

Kirby Allen (Fifty)

Cruzin, I would contact Kirby Allen (Fifty) on this board. He is in Montana, but he would be the gunsmith to work with. He is very professional and is probably the best long range rifle builder in the United States. He knows his stuff and he is a great person to work with. Just put a post on here, and usually gets back to you pretty fast.

He is worth every penny, and He will take care of you.

Wildcat

Well I talked to my gunsmith and he told me that when he gets back from the shot show he is going to get going on it. I think I will let him finish it but it would be nice to find some other good gunsmiths in Utah if anybody knows any please let me know.

Thanks again.

I'll post some picks when she's done.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.