New reloading room

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RDM416, Dec 22, 2006.

1. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

About 6 months ago we moved into the new house that I spent the previous 18 months building. I am not generally a show-off but I can't help myself on this one. We built a full basement, part garage/workshop. The remainder is my reloading room, office and a lodge style living room/kitchen with two bunkrooms, we use this area for guests and for my hunting buddies to stay during deer and turkey season. I am very fortunate and blessed to have this place to enjoy. I hope you will forgive me being a show-off just this once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

Im jealous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. älg

älg Well-Known Member

wow.looks great.
    Keep it that tidy if you can ¡¡¡¡

4. älg

älg Well-Known Member

Just one question, what is the material used as tabletop?

5. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

That's alot nicer and cleaner than mine. But then again if it's not laying on the table I can't find it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks good

6. MU Ag Rho

MU Ag Rho Well-Known Member

beatiful setup, I too am jealous. Someday I will get mine set up the way I want it, but until then, my cobbled up mess will have to due.

Dan

7. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Now there's a man with WAY too much time and talent on his hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. Mountainsheep

Mountainsheep Well-Known Member

Luxurious & functional; very nicely done. You should be proud to show it off. Nice trophy collection also.

Dave

9. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

alg,

The benchtop is two layers of 3/4 plywood glued and screwed together, then formica over that.

As far as it being tidy......you should have seen it two days ago! We are hosting the first of 3 family and church Christmas parties starting in about an hour. I have spent the last two days cleaning up and organizing. That is why I took the pictures today. The reloading room and my office may never look that tidy again!

10. Chrismadrid

Chrismadrid Well-Known Member

Nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

That is great! Top notch.

12. Nodak7mm

Nodak7mm Well-Known Member

Beautifully Done! I am almost there, certainly not as expansive, but will be mine. Again Gorgeous room you have there!

I must ask regarding the wood used on the wall. While it appears most of it is either knotty pine or a light cedar, what exactly is on the walls by the Ram & Goat mount?

I am looking at using Basswood to finish my basement, but I really like the looks of the Ram/Goat wall..

Rod

13. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

Nodak,

The wood in the reloading room is eastern red cedar or sometimes called aromatic red cedar.

The wood in the room with the sheep and goat mounts is 100+ year old pine barnwood salvaged from a barn on my property.

14. Nodak7mm

Nodak7mm Well-Known Member

RDM,

Thanks. Yep, I am still mad at my Dad for "torching" the old grainery, had that kinda lumber in it.

But again, that is just flippin gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing..

Rod