New Reload

dan25

I am acquiring supplies to start reloading. What is the best case trimmer for money; probably willing to spend around $100. I am set on Redding dies, and most likely Big Boss press. Thoughts on Big boss vs RCBS Roch Chucker Supreme. I don' t want junk and lose money off the bat. I want to buy descent quality and have 500-$600 to spend. I already have bulletts,powder,casings, scale, trickler, and primers. Any help would be appreciated.

both of those presses are excellant. Also excallent are the Hornady locknload, and the Lee classic cast. Choose any 1 of those 4 and you cant go wrong.
As for a top line trimmer under $100.00 good luck with that.
Once you buy your trimmer, pilots and collets you should be closer to $150.00+. Lyman has a universal chuck style trimmer that comes with the pilots (it needs no collets), it sells for I believe around $120.00. I have 1 I got in 82 the paint is almost gone and it still trims the way it was designed. I like it alot.
Just on cabelas site www.cabelas.com the lyman universal trimmer is on sale for $79.99

I really like the Wilson trimmer. It is not super fast but it cuts nice and square. You will need a special case holder for each "family" that you reload for, but they are not prohibitively expensive.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.