New Project

sapper299

I am just finishing up my tour in Iraq and am itching to start a new project. Since I have the basic rifle, a Model 70 in .270 WSM it should come together pretty quick I hope. I am having Hill Billy custom put a new Bartlein barrel, 1-9 twist in 7mm, chambered for the 7mm WSM using the .270 brass. I was thinking a barrel length of 22-24", #4 contour. I plan on shooting the Berger 180VLD bullet. I have a stock that Joel Russo cut for me a while back that needs to be finished. I just need to get the bottom metal and inlet the stock for it and put on the butt pad and bipod rail.

Not trying to hunt at 1000yds or anything, but it should be fine out to 600 or so.

i would also like to thank you for your service to our country, it's much appreciated in my house.
you didn't say which scope you plan on using, or are your eyes still good enough to use open sights? lol

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.