New Project

[ QUOTE ]
These are around 1.76" long so I'm pretty sure these are short enough to work from a 1:9. I'll know for sure soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
And as Chris Berman likes to say, "That's why they play the games."

They didn't work--though they were very close. Some of the holes were almost round. With the RBBT I'm just going to need a slightly shorter bullet with my 1:9 twist. Nice as those 265's are, when I originally spec'd the 1:9 twist I was planning on shooting 250's. Guess I'll have to go back to what I had planned. Those 265's are nice though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh well, I'm sure Richard can make something in the 250 range that will be similarly impressive.

Thought I'd let you guys who may be planning future projects know--probably need a 1:8.something for these. Oh, the load I used was 98 grains of US869. They went 2875 from my 26.7" barrel. That was a bit hot, I'd reduce that load by about two grains putting it into the range I mentioned above with a very mild load.

it seems we're talking about bullets so i thought i'd mention that a couple guys are shooting a 338 - 300 gr a-max from Hornady. will be nice to have a couple other options in 338.

If Hornady makes a 338 A-max i will be building a few .338's. The a-maxs are the best killing target bullets bar none. Most of game I end of shooting needs more expansion than peneration and is under 200 pounds. and the a-max does well. I just got a mplain 338-408 tac reamer and would love to use it with some 300 gr a-max at 3200 to 3300 fps. I hope this wet dream comes through. Hornady has been making a quite a few new bullets lately.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.