new project

ducmarc

hi this is my first post &thread i'm in sunny central fla. yuk. anyway i ground hog and coyote hunt sw va. my last bolt gun build was a 98 mauser in 6mm rem with a shaw 26' medium heavy . i love the gun but would like to now build another .22 or 6mm for my daughter. found a nice high number springfield 03 that someone has ruined by drilling the receiver and hackin the barrel. was thinking about medium weight barrel in a non belted cartage and 06 dia. base size. i handload so a wildcat is an option. what make barrel and cartage do u guys like that is reasonable. thanks marc

The 6-284 has a little more case capacity but you're shooting larger bullets in the 7x57. Never shot the 7x57 but I'm guessing the recoil is going to be close between the 2.

The 6-284 is going to be a little harder on the throat than the 7x57 and 243, but it's a sweet little number.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts