NEW POLL: Will your next rifle scope be MOA or MIL

NEW POLL: Will your next rifle scope be in MOA or in MIL?

• MOA

Votes: 433 70.0%
  • MIL

Votes: 186 30.0%

• Total voters
Hard to say. I don't even shoot like you. If your dope is all great at say 60 degrees F, DA of 1300, and humidities at whatever, and your mv is whatever you use, giving you 15 Moa at 800y, then what do you do when you love up in altitude ( I used DA for simplicity) and your temp is 92f? You'll be using less than 15 Moa that's forsure. My point being it's all relative to the shooters. Some people like custom turrets, I think indexing a traverse by calculation is the way to go...for me, and there is nothing simple for that in either Moa or mils. Also there are an array of different formulas for both Moa and mil...like the bc method. It's all relative

I have had superb performance in terms of varied conditions with my Gunweks G7 for the past 6 six years

I have had superb performance in terms of varied conditions with my Gunweks G7 for the past 6 six years

I've had superberb real world deployable performance by writing it all out. My point is people just do things the way they do them, some so it well and some suck no matter what they do. I'm certain that it's just a whatever's right for the member type thing

MOA because I think in/ft/yrds. I shoot a lot of rocks for LR practice and use the reticle to measure the size of rocks, etc. A 1 MOA rock laser ranged at 600 yards is about 6 inches and makes a fine target. 3 shots on that rock measuring about 1/2 MOA is about 3 inches. So the rifle is shooting and dialing pretty good.

I see no reason why mil was ever started. More complicated math and more distancecof movement per click. I believe it became some America did to become more in step with the worlds adeptation of the metric system.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.