• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED New Pics - Brand new custom built 6.5x47 Lapua - Stiller, McMillan, Lilja

Daveog

Hello all,
I have a new custom 6.5x47 Lapua, only 20 rounds through the tube for sight in and grouping. The specs are as follows:

27" stainless steel fluted Lilja 3-groove 8 twist barrel with Vais brake
Stiller TAC-30 action
20 MOA Picatinny Rail from Stiller
McMillan A1-3 stock
Shilen Fully Adjustable Trigger
Standard Remington BDL bottom metal
Glass bedded
Stock has been stripped, filled and sanded for DuraCoating. The rifle can be DuraCoated in any color and/or camo you like by LoneWolfArms, a certified DuraCoat finisher.

It is still in pre-DuraCoat mode, so it's a little ugly but you get the idea. Anyway, I shot 8 rounds from a bench to chronograph and get on paper. I was shooting Lapua factory loaded 139 grain Scenars. I must admit that I was disappointed in the consistency of the ammo. Of my 8 shots I had an ES of 234 fps, which is just unacceptable. Low end velocities were around 2481 fps and high end was 2715. So anyway, despite the inconsistent ammo I was still able to generate some nice groups. Groups were fired off the bipod in the prone position. I only fired a couple of groups because I had very limited ammo. Both groups are sub 1/2 MOA and I'm sure with good handloads it will do even better.

I'm asking $2600 for the rifle shipped in a hard case. Included are RCBS reloading dies, 100 pieces of new Lapua brass, and 300 Berger bullets (130 and 140 grain). Scope and bipod are NOT included, but the 20 MOA picatinny rail is.

group1.png

Group2.png

IMAG0130.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Brand new custom built 6.5x47 Lapua - Stiller Tac-30, McMillan A1-3, Lilja barrel

Saturday morning bump.

Re: Brand new custom built 6.5x47 Lapua - Stiller Tac-30, McMillan A1-3, Lilja barrel

Happy 4th of July!!

Still for sale.

Bumping up for the weekend. If no one expresses any interest, I'm going to DuraCoat this rifle this weekend. It will get a 3-color GAP camo in OD, Tan, and Black, similar to the stock job on the GAP Crusader. The action and barrel will be finished in OD. I had been leaving it unfinished so that anyone buying it could specify the camo or colors they wanted, but I think that the lack of photos is hurting the interest so that's why I've decided to go ahead and finish it.

So....if you have any interest in an absolutely awesome long range tackdriver built by a professional from top end components with a custom DuraCoat finish, now is the time to speak up.

I have 1 picture of the rifle taken just after it was completed and before I prepped it for DuraCoat. It's a really bad picture taken from my camera, but it gives you an idea of what the rifle looks like. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I'll send you the pic.

Thanks!

Never got around to DuraCoating it this weekend, so the color scheme is still up for grabs.

Re: Pic Added - Brand new custom built 6.5x47 Lapua - Stiller, McMillan, Lilja

Pic and possible trades added.

Is the Barrel Threaded 5/8x24 for a standard Suppressor?

The barrel is threaded for the Vais muzzle brake pictured. The brake is a 1" varmint muzzle brake and I believe the threading is 11⁄16"-24 tpi.

:rolleyes:lightbulb:rolleyes:lightbulb:rolleyes:

Last edited:

:) :)

Last edited:

Ok, I put it all back together and took it to the range today. She is still in pre-DuraCoat mode, so it's a little ugly but you get the idea. Anyway, I shot 8 rounds from a bench to chronograph and get on paper. I was shooting Lapua factory loaded 139 grain Scenars. I must admit that I was disappointed in the consistency of the ammo. Of my 8 shots I had an ES of 234 fps, which is just unacceptable. Low end velocities were around 2481 fps and high end was 2715. So anyway, despite the inconsistent ammo I was still able to generate some nice groups. Groups were fired off the bipod in the prone position. I only fired a couple of groups because I had very limited ammo. Both groups are sub 1/2 MOA and I'm sure with good handloads it will do even better.

Group2.png

group1.png

And here she is naked and ready for paint. Just a note, the scope and bipod are not included, but the picatinny base is.

IMAG0130.jpg