new personal record!

Tikkamike

Me and my buddy had a couple early season antelope tags and went out yesterday to so some damage. We spotted a herd of antelope with this average sized Buck in it. They were only a few hundred yards off the road so we went down the road And turned around. Got set up with the video camera. Got him ranged at 1010 yards and as I was dialing in my 338 Lapua he decided to bed in the tall grass And all I could really see was the base of the neck on up. I decided I was already set up so I may as well give it a try. So I doped the 5mph wind. Put it on his neck and let it rip. At the shot the bullet looked like it hit the hill Behind him a little high. He got up and started running toward us down the hill and In to the draw out of sight with his does they never came out so we decided to drive up there and see what was going on. We got up And they were all standing there and a few were bedded. As we got closer all the does stood up and he just laid there. Pretty soon he laid his down and that was it. I figured I had messed up And gut shot him And he finaly died. We got up There and the bullet came out just under his jaw and had gone it right where I was aiming. It just went between his wind pipe and spine and cut the arteries. The 300 smk didn't seem to expand much. But it did the job and here he is. My new personal record of 1010 yards.
2011-08-20155148.jpg

Well done Mike,

I know the feeling,It will be with you for a long time.
I took a large Feral Billy goat on Saturday with my 284WIN @ 1100 yrds, my longest kill with that rifle, and only 238 yrds behind my longest ever with my 338 LM.

I hope one day I will have the time to come over and hunt those Antelope kinda cool looking, but odd, I hope they taste alright?

Congratulations once again,a new member of the 1k club!:D

338MAD

Thanks for posting your successful hunt picture. And congratulations on that first, well-placed shot. Good for you!

Now I know why they kicked you out from the other place--- Mine, if they were as jealous as I am that's explainable!

No only a great shot but a beautiful animal. Awesome!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.