New paint job

emn83

so, I tried doing a camo paint job on my rifle, first time painting a gun something other than a solid color.
1111121502.jpg

what do you think?

sorry about the grainy photo, cell phone+ low light makes for not great pictures

looks darn good for a first time cammo job. i like the contrast,looks like gale mcmillan did it himself.

Wow, thanks for the complement.

Still trying to figure a way to kill the glare somewhat. it's a bit shinier than I want, the supposedly matte clear coat I finished it with didn't work out quite as well as I want, but everything else did.

it was a fun couple day project for me.

try getting some 000 or 0000 steel wool and lightly going over the clear coat a little. these super fine grades of wool will dull the shine but not remove the finish as long as you dont get too aggressive.

it's a Stockade Rollover Cheek Thumbhole stock. I really like it. prone, bench, sitting, standing, it's easy to get into position, and is very comfortable

I wished he would make that rollover thumbhole for varmint barrels, he could sell a ton of them. I use krylon paint and duracoat clear at the end on my stocks.

I wished he would make that rollover thumbhole for varmint barrels, he could sell a ton of them. I use krylon paint and duracoat clear at the end on my stocks.

I use sporter style barrels...didn't know that he did not make that stock for varmint style....too bad, there isn't much difference between my heavy sporter and a medium varmenter barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts