new optic system

Barrett must think there is or will be a market for an item like this or they wouldn't have sunk the money into it. In short, it takes the ballistic calaulator out of your pocket and mounts it on your scope to make a one shot kill out of your home turf. I hope it floats, would like to see a third and forth generation unit. Maybe the Military will buy into it, I might if the price comes down. Thanks for posting this article.
db

I have to say I'm pretty surprised there wasn't more discussion on this new developement.

I'd love to try one out if I could afford it. It would work well with my new 6.5X300 Win Mag.

A few weeks ago I was at the range and a gentlemen had one mounted on his 308. I will admit that my first impression was that it was a total waste of money, but after looking it over, it seems pretty nice.

As far as it's usefulness for the money, that's up to the individual. It will run a little over 3000 for the system because ya need a mark 4 leupald to mate with it.

It will be calibrated for your load and tell you where your point of impact is based on where you turned your turret and the angle of the rifle. Neat stuff, but I'm not going to be saving my money for one just yet. It would definatley make it easy to quickley change your poi by making it unessesary to count clicks and do any other conversions. It doesnt do anyting for wind - which is the real challenge of a long shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.