New/Old Hunter South Dakota

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Kevinb71, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Kevinb71

Kevinb71 Member

Hi All!
    As the title implies I used to do a fair amount of hunting in my younger days(deer, prairie dogs etc.). As my kids got older i just didn't have the time for it and fell out of the habit. Now they are all in college or beyond and I need to find something to have fun with. I always enjoyed making the long shot(not long compared to the distances talked about on this site, but i'll learn) as opposed to the "let the lead fly and hope you hit something approach" to shooting. Hoping to learn about equipment and techniques without just spending money and hoping it's right. I have always shot a Remington 700 so it appears I may not have to start from scratch. Thinking mostly coyote and prairie dog with the seasonal deer as well. Thanks for letting me join and soak up some of the knowledge and experience floating on this site.

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to LongRangeHunting.

3. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Welcome! You'll find that there are quite a few South Dakota shooters here. What part of the state are you in?

4. Kevinb71

Kevinb71 Member

Eastern part along Minn border by Sioux Falls. I have seen a few posts from SD members.

5. kbaerg

kbaerg Well-Known Member

Welcome, there are a lot of helpfull people on here :)