New Muscle Brake

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by rpierce, Jun 27, 2013.

1. rpierce

rpierce Well-Known Member

I have a new "Muscle" brake version available now. It is the mini mag in a round configuration. It has 5/8x24 threads. I had this made after several people asked about it. Just thought I would let you guys know.

Ryan Pierce
    Piercision Rifles
    www.piercisionrifles.com

2. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

Any pics?

3. rpierce

Heres a couple pics of them.

Attached Files:

4. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

Why not the 9/16-24 thread as the slabbed version. A 5/8 diameter thread is too large to put on a #5 contour or smaller.

5. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

What are the differences from the old version? They look very similar.

6. rpierce

The only difference is that its a round configuration. Something that was available for the mini but not the mini magnum. As far as the threads that was what Jim advised me to go with for it. I took his advice.

7. Jim See

Jim See Well-Known Member

I suggested the 5/8x24 because if you have a small barrel dia. you should use the slabbed version (lighter, slimmer profile) With the round version I figured it would go on the heavier barrels up to 1" and can be turned down to .850 dia. to match those profile barrels at the muzzle.

This was always a brake I planned on doing and never did. Sales of the mini magnum muscle brake were out-pacing the first model mini brake so it was the logical progression.

8. emn83

emn83 Well-Known Member

Glad I checked this thread out, I am looking at putting a mini mag muscle brake on a 7mmWSM build I'm planning.....

....looks like the slabbed version is the one to go for with my Brux #5 Barrel I'm ordering

9. rpierce

That would work out great for that caliber and contour. I have paypal up and running on the website now. So if you don't want to send in a check you can purchase on paypal. Paypal also allows you to pay with a credit card if you dont have an account with them. I ship the brakes out the same day the payment is received unless its too late in the day to get to the post office.

Ryan Pierce
    Piercision Rifles