New Mexico Unit 56 or 58 for archery mule deer

devins

I know this is Long Range Hunting but I thought there might be some help here. I am looking at the left over tags for units 56 and 58, no rifle tags left and I didn't put in because we had our first grandchild a couple of months ago and I felt my son in law would have his plate full this Fall. Well now there are some archery tags left unsold and I am thinking about going out and doing some Prairie Dog Shooting/Scouting in those areas. I hope to get some ideas of some areas to start on public land and maybe make some contacts. Does anyone have any experience with those units and be willing to share any info? I may base out of Clayton and the guy at the shop there in town said he could give me some ranchers wanting pdogerratication and could give me a few ideas, otherwise I am going for water. I appreciate any help.

Well, I tore the bottom of my big toe from where it attaches to the foot up past the joint. A cut wouldn't have been so bad but having it ripped was kinda painful. So climbing is probably still going to be out of the question for a few weeks so it makes the decision a little easier. No early season archery Mule Deer hunts so I can heal up for my main seasons. If I do get to scout the areas and shoot any prairie dogs I will be glad to share what I learn.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts