New Mexico now, Utah soon...

Matno

Quick introduction... Just moved out West after 10 years in the People's Republic of New York. Happy to be getting back to long range shooting after being restricted to slug guns only for a while (although my 870 with a 20" cylinder bore barrel and 4x scope was actually amazingly accurate out to 150 yards with Federal Truball ammo - 4" groups ain't bad for a non rifled barrel!)

Anyway, trying to get reacquainted with my Winchester model 70 XTR in .300 win mag. Burris Signature 4.5-14x50 scope. Just ordered a variety of match ammo to see what works best.

In the past I was always more of a handgunner (did pretty well at IPSC back in the day, usually finished 2nd - with a stock Sig P226...). I'm naturally much better at hitting moving targets than precise accuracy on stationary ones, and came across this forum while looking for tips to improve my "steady" technique. I'm hoping my training as a micro surgeon (which I'm just finishing this year) will help, but I've got a long way to go. Hoping to get a semi auto sniper some time in the next couple of years. I've been Drooling over the .308s from Les Baer.

Looking forward to learning from this forum!

Rio Rancho. Just here for a year and unfortunately didn't get here early enough to apply for a resident tag. Couldn't afford the non-resident.

Yep, hand surgery at UNM. Doing a fellowship now, but will be starting a "real" job in Utah this fall.

Cool!! Left Abq 6 months ago. Tell Gehlert quesada says hey!!
Worked there with Abq health partners or a few years. Utah sounds great!!!!
Hated some things liked others.

Gehlert says hey back. Said you couldn't get out of here fast enough! Ha ha...

I don't mind it, but knowing I'm only here for a year helps!

Yeah. One year makes it palatable. It's a nice place for a limited time for
Sure. I miss my home and the weather!!!!

Oh well. I put in for elk last week. Not deer yet. How about you?

Rick is a great dude!!! I like him a lot!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.