New Mexico Ibex

bowtechboss177

Hey guys, I put in for the Florida mountains rifle Ibex hunt. For some reason I'm feeling like I'll draw the tag so I was wondering if anyone has any info on the hunt. From what I've heard it's pretty difficult but I'm up to the challenge. Any info will be appreciated thanks.

LOL...dude...now I hope you do draw. That would be hilarious. You have like a .04% chance to draw. Better than the lottery though!

It is definitely a challenge. I can look out of my house and see the mountains and have been up in them quite a few times. Where the Ibex stay is ugly terrain. Jagged rock and high drop offs. It is freaking grueling to just get up to where they are but I would imagine that it would be even more punishing getting the dang animal out of there after you got one.

Good luck on the draw!

I hope you drew a tag. If you did I would recommend three hours a day of a workout. I have climbed to the top while working it is brutal. I was glad to see that helicopter show up to give me a ride back down.

You CANNOT understand this country until you've been in it. I have been there and across the road, the Tres Hermanos after these things and it is beyond description as far as how rough it is. There are places that you CANNOT get into and if you get an animal you may not get it or all of it out. This is hunting straight up and straight down on a rock pile. A buddy of mine and his son got a female a couple of years ago and the shot was 360 yards. It took them over 3 hours to get to the downed animal. These animals are as impressive as their country and they have absolutely no fear. Trust me, if you did draw get ready as this country will kick your butt no matter who you are.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.