ds1304

i just found the site, pretty cool. i live in new mexico, santa fe. I am 50 just got a 308 carbon fiber barrel with a leupold M1-10x scope. Learning how to try and shoot long range. shoots 168 blackhills bullets. practice, practice, practice.

Welcome abourd
I will be heading to new mexico next month on a scouting trip, over in big game unit 51. going elk hunting there in november. never hunted in this unit cant wait to look it over. Anyway glad you found use, lots of good people here with lots of info, injoy :).

My email is [email protected]. area 50, 51 and 52 are great for elk hunting. I have taken 3 out of 50, 2 out of 51 and 8 out of 52. Unit 6 is also great on the North side of what used to be the Baca Ranch which is now called the Valles Calderas. I have taked some nice bulls over there as well. You should do very well in area 51, but watch out for them UFO's. I do taxidermy on the side and build hot rods. Just recently took first place at the supernationals in Albuquerque and best engine. My boss hunts 51 all the time and gets one everytime he goes up there. Where are you from? Some guys come from much lower elevations and have a hard time walking the mountains. It's not that there out of shape, it is the elevation that gets them. Good luck on your hunt and by the way, did you get a bull tag or a cow?

Im from northern oklahoma, we are on a cow hunt this year. I am into cars as well, working on a 1966 chevy II. I would love to be hunting a bull but cow hunting will be fun too. Any advise for my scouting trip? We are going to look at the north central part of the unit to start out. looks to run around 9000 ft.
we are going to be tent camping in november.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.