New Member Intro from Nevada

Nevada/shooter

Hello Everyone!
Just joined the site. Live in Northern Nevada and have been a big game hunter for 30 plus years.
I have a Rem. 300 win mag 26" barrel, action and trigger reworked by answer products and I'm comfortable shooting out to 600 yards. load my own bullets with IMR 4350 powder and a Swift Scirocco 150 grain bullet. Dead on at 200 yards, -3 @ 300 yards, -12.8 @ 400 yards, -28.5 @ 500 yards and -51.2 @ 600 yards. Been using this round for around 5 years. Tried at least 20 different rounds and loads before I settled on this round. I did shoot a 180 grain swift A-frame when I went to Africa...I seem to have the best luck with swift bullets.
Looking to get into long range shooting out to 1500 plus yards. (not for hunting) more for the sport of it. I don't know much about long range shooting so go easy on me when I ask a dumb question!
I'm looking forward to all the wisdom or (********) of the long range community:D
Thanks
Steve

Steve,

You sure joined up with a sorry lot when you found this place.:) Especially the those from northern Nevade.:)

On fella I visited with, a supposedly a long range hunter, could do do nothing but talk about some kind of a weird bird called a 'snow cock'. Seemed it would be a trophy of a life time. About now he's all caught up in making bullets.

Another fella is all caught up in doing favors for members here such as developing easy to use external ballistics computer tools and other such favors.

I suppose you'll, being to Africa and all will fit right it.

That's the bull **** part. Please take it a humor no matter how poorly presented.....

The good part is that you're welcome to the site and please share your experiences.

Welcome aboard!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.