New member in NE Florida

I am a new member. I have been shooting and hunting most of my life. Recently got my 13 year old son into shooting. We both have developed the long range bug. I have found the info on this site very helpful.
I live down in Melbourne near the Cape. Have you done anything that would be considered long-range hunting, and I was wondering what your point of view was. I grew up in New Jersey, where it's practically illegal to think about guns, and hunting is non-existent, and FL isn't a big hunting mecca either. I've never given hunting that much thought, and have mixed emotions on the whole sport. I like to eat meat, and hunting food to eat certainly doesn't seem immoral, but shooting for trophies and things like that, I don't know. I wanted to hear all the opinions on here. I do think there are ranges where you can be almost certain of a clean kill, yet have it be somewhat of a challenge versus waiting for a 100 yard shot to pop up.

I am a new member. I have been shooting and hunting most of my life. Recently got my 13 year old son into shooting. We both have developed the long range bug. I have found the info on this site very helpful.

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee

Gedgar2000

Welcome to Long Range Hunting. I have taken a couple of animals out to 400 yards. I was in South Africa and had a couple of opportunities. My son has taken animals past 500, he lives in Montana and works for Proof.

Happy New Year

Jay